Outline of Themes for NET Managing our Natural and Cultural Assets
A detailed programme will be prepared according to the participants.
04th -11th September 2016
(This program is now full) ecology and sustainable use of large carnivores in Latvia considering conservation policy and legislation at EU scale.”
(Jānis Ozoliņš, State Forest Research Institute “Silava”, 1-1,5 days
- Background on population history (Baltics vs. continental scale).
- Implemented management system.
- Review of monitoring results.
- Discussion on the compliance with EU legislation and requirements for favourable population status.
- Field survey for robust evidences.
“Integration of Capercaillie (Tetrao urogallus) Protection in Forest Management. ”
(Elmārs Pēterhofs, State Forest Enterprice „Latvijas valsts meži”)
heritage as green infrastructure in rural areas of Northern part of Latvia.”
(SFS staff, local experts, field visits, tralis etc.)
„Nature protection system and practices in Latvia”
(SFS staff, experts, field visits).
The NET parogramme will take place in Ziemeļvidzeme (Nothern part of Latvia, border with Estonia).